Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Candles My new Journey


I have wanted to make candles for a long time. I finally broke down and purchased some soy wax from BrambleBerry. This was fun! My first candle I over filled, but the rest I figured out the amount of wax I wanted to add, how much scent and then to pour just right so I didn't have the sinking holes in the top.


I think they turned out pretty and so far they smell wonderful, now to light one to see how it burns. I already sent one off to a friend to try.


4 comments:

egassner said...

These look great! I've thought about doing candles too, but I would use them all! Lol

Suds to Love said...

Wow, I just poured my first ones last night also... I think I like soap better. I had a hard time getting it melted and then I think I poured too hot. I'm going to try the embossing heat gun tonight to see if that helps. If not, no worries.

Unknown said...

How did the embossing gun work for you? I don't have one just a hair blowdryer. I have found Soap is by far easier and you really don't have to have much patience with it! lol. where as with candles the process to me is slow, now the more I made the better each one looks. Of course still not as pretty as ones who have made them for years.

Suds to Love said...

The embossing gun didn't work... maybe it would have if the hole in the top wouldn't have been so big. Oh well, still smells good.