Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Blueberry buckle

This evening I thought I should try a new blueberry recipe, on my hunt I came across this blueberry buckle recipe on all recipe.com  now I had 2 different recipes up and was reading each one, and well kinda added a little extra. Along with the ingredients below I also added 1/2 cup brown sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Also noted (maybe my oven) that I should have used a little bit bigger pan. End result, AWESOME!!!

.Original recipe makes 1 -8x8 inch cake

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease one 8x8 inch pan.
  2. Cream together 3/4 cup sugar, shortening, and egg.
  3. In a separate bowl mix together 2 cups flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir into sugar mixture, alternating with milk. Stir in blueberries. Pour into greased 8x8 inch pan.
  4. To make topping: Combine 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, cinnamon, and butter. Sprinkle over cake batter.
  5. Bake at 375 degree F (190 degrees C) for 25-30 minutes.

No comments: